Saturday, June 26, 2010

Writing the first post for your blog is somewhat daunting, almost like going on a blind date… Should you be on your best behavior or just be yourself? Should I wear my hair up or down? ;-) I don’t delude myself into thinking there are oodles of anxious readers just sitting around waiting for my first post, but at the same time, I don’t want to bore the socks off of the few of you that found your way here and stayed long enough to read this. So here goes, I apologize in advance for any socks that slip into the abyss…
A few pics to get us started, since those are worth a thousand words.
This is us:








The Jones Family (Todd, Dave, Cait & me -Bridgitte) - try to keep up
(inside joke,but I’m letting you in :-) )
Cait is now a Jones-Fisher, that’s her and her husband Mike in the second pic.
Here are our kitties and puppies. We’re so glad our 3rd child was a cat (George)!

“Georgie”










“Skip”













“Blanca”











“Sandy”



My garden, it’s always a work a progress, like the house…








 


Some of my recent jewelry creations, you can see more of it here:


I spend more time than I want to at my day job (the one that pays the bills or at least pays for the extras since hubby’s actually pays the bills), but I dream every day of going back to being a “stay at home” mom, even though my kids are now grown. Talk about not knowing a good thing when you have it, years ago I didn’t have a clue what I was getting myself into when I decided that I wanted to work outside the home. I have met some wonderful people while working though, and I know that financially we are better off for it, so I know it has been well worth doing. Dave and I, whenever possible, have managed to surround ourselves with our friends at work, if there was a job opening and we had any input as to who filled it. So aside from the actual work part, which I don’t enjoy much anymore, a day at work is spending time with friends, not a bad way to spend my time. Still, one day (soon!) I hope to spend my days puttering at home and in the garden, building my jewelry business and giving my cat Georgie the attention he deserves :-)
Ok, that’s it for the first installment. I hope everyone’s socks are still safely on their feet and that you’ll come back and visit again soon.
Have a happy day!

2 comments:

  1. Well done! I've never been a stay at home anything but just the thought of staying home to spend more time with the pooties (ie: pets) would be a dream come true. YAY! That was a fun post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kelly for reading it and I'm tickled you liked it! Maybe one day we can all be lucky enough to live our dream :-)

    ReplyDelete